If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we’d love to meet you.At Once Upon A Child, we offer:
Print and fill out our Job Application and resume and mail it to Once Upon A Child Hunters creek.
You can also email the job application and resume to email@example.com
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print the application. Please print out the application and fill out by hand as Acrobat doesn't allow you to edit documents online.
To help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. More Info »
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
2. Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
3. Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of store concept.
4. Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedure.
5. Develop proficiency in operating computerized sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
6. Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
1. Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
2. Proven customer service skills required.
3. Ability to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Sales and goal-driven.
To contribute to the profitability of the retail operation by receiving, handling and helping manage the inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner. More Info »
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Responsible for the timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor and storage area. Ensure the sales floor is full at all times with the appropriate product.
2. Accurately track and document new and used inventories, utilizing inventory tools. Maintain a high level of back room/off-site organization so that items may be easily located. Participate in preparing store for and conducting periodic inventory audits and annual counts.
3. Maintain store displays and adhere to store housekeeping procedures and maintenance standards. Follow the brand merchandising direction regarding inventory signage. Ensure products are easily accessible, visually appealing and constantly available to the customer on the sales floor.
4. Participate in the planning and execution of seasonal merchandising changes, floor transitions and events (sale or other) according to standards and expectations.
5. Stage incoming shipments, verifying all deliveries for accuracy. Maintain accurate records of purchase orders, damaged items and delivery over/shortages.
6. Report any discrepancies, theft, or suspected theft by employees or customers to the appropriate parties immediately.
7. Develop proficiency in operating POS system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate. Previous retail replenishment experience preferred.
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
3. Ability to work well as a team member, accepts constructive feedback, and follows directions.
4. Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability required.
5. Excellent communication, self-management, and interpersonal skills.